Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mason - 11 Months

Coincidentally, the 11-month mark is also my first (well, second, I believe) Mother's Day - a day that meant nary a diaper change, coffee in bed with the New York Times, brunch and a pedicure. I have new-found respect for Mother's Day and feel I have earned it!
But enough about me....let's talk about some of Mason's favorite things:
1) Crawl across the floor full speed towards our dog, mouth wide open, with a cute/ferocious "ahhhhh!" (think that Braveheart scene, which started the big battle - "Frrrrreeeeeedommmmm!") with intent to collapse on top of her in a sort of sweet snuggle. He also does this with cats, stuffed animals, and me, still asleep, every morning. I think it's a hug.
2) Open, close, then open and close, open and close, then bang, bang, bang doors against the wall. He's still figuring our or sliding barn-style bathroom door that he must push instead of sway.
3) Push our upright vacuum cleaner around.
4) Splash in Zola's water bowl - making the floor and himself very wet.
5) Open, close, then open and close, open and close the drawer under the oven (no, it's not on!)
6) Puuuuuullll up! on legs, tables, TV stands, benches, chairs, couch, crib, toy box, and bookshelf.
7) Eat yogurt and cantaloupe.
8) Eat his own toes.
9) Flap his arms in some semblance of the hand motion commonly known as "Bye"
10) Bob his head back and forth when listening to music (we have now determined). He does so to guitar music, the Jeopardy theme, and this little plastic (I know!) guitar that plays tunes when you hit various buttons. Though he also does this when he meets other people, so who knows? Maybe it's a happy bob?
11) Get tickled. Or I could just be projecting.
12) Clean our floors. With his butt.
The list could go on, but, well I'm sluggish after a day of being pampered. I do feel pretty proud that being a mom has produced such a fabulous little kid. Not just that, but I'm also starting to understand why everyone said to enjoy it because it goes by so fast.

No comments: