Monday, November 7, 2011

match.com (found it!)

Rewind to seven years ago today and this is who I was...sending that email.

An Earnest Adventurer in Life's Great Journey

About Me:

I'm a renaissance woman. Someone once described me as willful, yearning, and determined and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I sing loud in the car and appreciate a good cuppa tea and an engrossing book on a rainy day. I love to travel and see what makes other cultures tick, but am tied to a sense of place and a place to call home. I like popcorn from an iron pot and reading the Economist on occasion. Autumn afternoons and silky sunsets...and alliteration. I love, love love...sushi, a clean kitchen, ice cream, kissing and continuing to talk even though we've said goodbye or goodnight (b/c the conversation is so riveting!), cooking for others, wine, and leaving notes...nice ones. Humor is everything and I'm constantly laughing at myself and other people's quirks that they don't notice. (BTW, if you've gotten this far...I don't really have a teased mullet, but wouldn't mind getting one just for kicks.) Anyone who starts to get to know me finds out there is more to me than meets the eye. I strive to live life to the fullest and to take advantage and learn from every experience. All of this leaves me looking for someone who has had a similar sort of journey...someone open minded, creative, honest, intelligent, worldly, passionate, and hilarious. I'm looking for a healthy relationship and for someone to see and appreciate who I am. Sitting at my desk, I see the contents on it are much of what could in part describe me...see what ya think! (Granted it's scattered and in "organized" piles...that's what a desk is for!) A bunch of family photos, a Thai cookbook, a Patagonia Environmental Initiatives brochure, a Utne reader, candles and incense, a reprint of Cezanne's 'Les Grandes Baigneuses' and Van Gogh's 'La chambre de Van Gogh a Arles,' and a wee book called '14,000 things to be happy about' (yes, it sounds cheesy, but it contains all those little childhood memories we forget about). Yup, I'm just a little bundle of joy!

Interests:
Book club, Coffee and conversation, Cooking, Dining out, Gardening/Landscaping, Movies/Videos, Museums and art, Music and concerts, Nightclubs/Dancing, Performing arts, Playing sports, Travel/Sightseeing, Volunteering, Wine tasting
Sports and exercise:
Basketball, Football, Dancing, Running, Skiing, Soccer, Swimming, Walking / Hiking, Yoga, Other types of exercise
Exercise habits:
Exercise 3-4 times per week
Pets:
I have Dogs
I like Cats
Political views:
Liberal
Sign:
Virgo
No answer
For Fun:
Fun can be anything from getting gussied up for 80s night or going to the grocery store at midnight in PJ's for Betty Crocker cravings. Playing on a swing set or perusing a farmer's market. Fun is more in your outlook and approach to life, in my mind
Favorite Hot Spots:
On my list is photographing icebergs in Antarctica, seeing gorillas, lions, and a sunset on the Serengeti, following the spine of the Andes, and, well...lots. On the more local and affordable front...Mountain Sun, the tearoom, and Chautauqua.
Favorite Things:
A merlot with some tomme or chevre and Edith Piaf, talking a walk at sunset, reading Wendell Berry, a good indie film with popcorn from an iron skillet, finding a good sale, and a guilty indulgence in Sex and the City.
Last Read:
The GRE book for Dummies (why didn't I take this right after the SAT?) A peek at Jon Stewart's America (what all school-children should be reading), and currently entrenched in The Brothers K and A People's History of the United States.
About Me....
Height: 5'9"
Body Type: About Average
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dark Brown
Smoke: No way
Drink: Regularly
Occupation: Other profession - Non-profit work...changing the world in my own little way
Income: Less than $25,000
Relationship: Never Married
Have Kids: No
Want Kids: Definitely
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian. The Scottish/Irish in me makes me an independent and stubborn one! And baffles everyone as to the pronunciation of my last name.
Faith: Spiritual but not religious. Searching...searching...for truth, understanding, and peace within myself and striving to be good to others. In my mind, that's the basic tenant of 'religion' without all the drama and fear.
Languages: English, French
Education: Bachelor's Degree

About My Date....
Height: 5'8"-6'4"
Body Type: Slender, About average, Athletic and toned, A few extra pounds
Eyes: Blue, Green, Hazel
Hair: Auburn / Red, Light brown, Dark brown, Blonde, Salt and pepper, Dark blonde, Bald
Smoke: No way
Drink: No answer
Occupation: No answer
Income: No answer
Relationship: No answer
Have Kids: No answer
Want Kids: Definitely, someday
Ethnicity: No answer
Faith: Spiritual but not religious.
Languages: No answer
Education: No answer

Thank goodness he actually wanted to date me after reading this profile. Let alone marry me!

No comments: