
Time is definitely flying the second go around. I can believe we have an interactive two-month old! It has been wonderful watching Kenzie's eyes light up with recognition, excitement, and humor. I even think she is entertained by Mason as he makes faces at her and smothers her in kisses.
This month she has definitely gotten more vocal...heavily relying on a raspy "gggguuuuhhhhh" while pulling her tongue to the back of her throat and pursing her lips. She has erupted in the occasional squeak/hiccup/gasp that is pretty darn cute. We have regular conversations now with big open mouthed smiles, bright eyes, and, our favorite, the surprised look in which her eyes are so wide the whites show all around her irises.
Her eczema seems to have finally cleared up, though does come back when she is too hot or bothered. (That really doesn't sound right, but it's true - in separate circumstances). We have a little beauty on our hands. A little black mohawk-haired, blue-eyed beauty, that is. She has the most expressive eyebrows...very distinct and pronounced - see pics here. We finally got around to taking some black and white shots of us (to accompany the ones of Mason and I, shown above) and they turned out beautifully - I even like how I look (which is saying a lot!) minus the fact that I'm looking a little too sultry in a couple of them...ah well.
She seems to have really grown this month and we have already switched to 3-6 month clothes because the newborn things were getting to short in the arms and legs. We found out she was 13 lbs and 24 inches long at her two-month checkup. Right up in the 95% percentile! Of course, that appointment also included her first round of shots, but she took them like a champ (except now, the 4-5 hour chunks of sleep at night have disappeared and we are back at waking every 2 hours - boo!)
She is slowly gaining control of her arms and hands and is frequently noshing on her fists. I have always hated pacifiers, so I'm hoping she learns how to keep it in her mouth to keep her occupied - especially in the car since lately she seems to really hate the car seat in the 5-6pm hour.
The big news is we bought the rest of her bumGenius diapers (with snaps, this time!) and she is now using them daily. Save the landfills!
No comments:
Post a Comment