For the past year, I have been developing a slow obsession with Etsy. Ok, it was a quick obsession, but I slowly fell down the rabbit hole of all the pretty things it contains (though am also very humored by this as an alternative). I decided to self-impose a Christmas gift goal to buy all things Etsy for of my family's presents...call it a Merry Etsy-mas. Or a M-esty Christmas! I almost did it, except for a few gifts...what was most fun was thinking of random things that someone liked, searching by a word or phrase and being amazed with the amount and variety of what came up. My favorite example was my step-dad's gift. Being a retired Air Force kind of guy, he has always been obsessed with C-130s, so I typed that in to see what I would find. There was your usual selection of artwork, photos, airplane models, crochet, and the like, but I was immediately drawn to these adorable ties (look closely!):

I found something for my tennis-playing Aunt:

Something for my singing Aunt:

Something for my Uncle, the gardener (who lives in Southern CA):

Something for my dad, the inspired surfer who would wear a t-shirt 99% of the time if he could:

And for our family...some bike-themed attire (bonus, I got a free t-shirt of a mama bear on a bike!):



Don't you wish you were related to me? And, seriously, if you haven't been sucked into the Etsy-vortex, do your self a favor and hop over there right now!
1 comment:
...and in appreciation for your wonderfully thoughtful gift, stepdad Wes wore his tie on several occasions during January! And your Ma thanks for the Etsy weblink!
Post a Comment